- Consumption of teas, specifically green tea is thought to contribute to a reduction in the risk of stroke, visceral obesity, diabetes, depression and promote healthy blood pressure and glucose levels.
- Likewise, coffee consumption has been link to a reduced risk of premature death, cardiovascular-related death, heart disease, cancer and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, cirrhosis, and diabetes.
- It is recommended that the coffee of choice should be organic and that people should drink it either black or with coconut oil.
- Teas should be organic and people should drink it without milk and with lemon added to reap the benefits.
- Lastly, pregnant women should not consume coffee or tea due to the fact that they contain caffeine. Caffeine has been linked to birth defects.
Click here to read more on this topic.