Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune condition which presents as persistent inflammation the joints. Autoimmune conditions are characterized by changes that occur in the body that cause the immune system to mistakenly attack its local healthy cells.
5 facts on rheumatoid arthritis include:
- Early intervention can reduce the chances of developing associated conditions.
- The true cause of rheumatoid arthritis is unknown.
- Arthritis is not exclusive to the elderly population. Children can be afflicted with arthritis as well.
- Most arthritis suffers are female.
- Generally, joints are affected bilaterally.
To read more click here.